“BLANK” Makes Me Happy with Laurie London
Hello again, my lovely book people. For today’s “BLANK” Makes Me Happy feature we get to chat a bit with Sweetblood Series author, Laurie London! I really, really enjoy the way she’s telling her vampire story, and hope you all have either read Bonded by Blood, or have it on your TBR list. Trust me, it’s a debut that will grab you, and a series you don’t want to miss! (You can read my review of Bonded by Blood HERE.)
Here’s a little list Laurie gave of things that are making her smile these days…
- The way my horse smells when I press my nose to her neck
- Roasted marshmallows that are golden, not black
- Khal on A Game of Thrones
- Turning over my PTA binders to the person taking over the job next year
- Sitting in a cafe at a bookstore
- Salt caramels
- Waking up early before anyone else
- Having my dog lay on my feet as I write
- The sound of my husband’s laugh
- Watching a hummingbird feed from my fuchsia
Laurie will be popping in and out today to answer questions about herself, and her series. One random commenter/questioner will win an AUTOGRAPHED copy of book 2 in the Sweetblood Series, Embraced by Blood!! And I’m also going to throw in a custom, Sweetblood inspired book-thong, created by Mandy at Stupid Shiny Designs!
To kick off the questioning… here are a few things I’d like to know…
1) Did you read the Song of Fire and Ice series before the show started? If not, do you plan on reading them?
2) What’s the hardest part of a story to write for you? The beginning, the end, the romance, the action scenes? How do you get through those parts?
3) How many books do you envision for this series? I can think of at least three stories that can come from the information we were given in Bonded by Blood. Obviously book two is done… how much further do you plan to go with these characters?
Ok… that’s my start… I’m sure I’ll have more questions before the end of the day, lol. What do YOU want to know??