BLANK Makes Me Happy with Sarah Gilman
Entangled Publishing has exploded into the book world with some amazing debut titles. Among them is OUT IN BLUE by Sarah Gilman. A few months ago, Sarah was kind enough to take time away from writing the 2nd book in her Return To Santuary Novels, DEEP IN CRIMSON, to share a little about what kinds of things make her smile. (I apologize for the delay in posting.)
I can’t possibly choose only one thing that makes me happy to talk about, or name everything. So, here are some things on my mind today that make me happy:
- Vermonters and everyone who has supported my home state after Hurricane Irene chewed it up and spat out, especially those who are still out there rebuilding hundreds of damaged roads, and those who are getting supplies to towns that are still cut off from the world. Seeing people come together like this really makes me happy.
- Speaking of Vermont, it is apple season. Apple picking makes me very happy. You are never too old to climb apple trees for that “big sucker” at the top!
- The one pie pumpkin that grew in my neglected garden this year makes me happy. The pie I will make with it will also make me happy.
- Sunflowers and daisies.
- Reading and writing makes me happy, especially paranormal romance. Angel stories, in particular. The simple act of buy a new book or having a new idea for my work in progress makes me giddy.
- Autumn as a whole. The fall foliage never gets old, the air smells wonderful, and the weather is perfect for hot tea and homemade soups.
- Used and antique bookstores and the scent of old books.
Author: Sarah Gilman
Original Release Date: August 2, 2011
Format: Trade PB, ebook
(From author’s site)
In a violent world where fallen archangels are hunted for their valuable plumage, Wren knows one thing for certain: the human woman who saved him from a poacher attack will die if she stays with him. The demon responsible for his parents’ gruesome deaths two decades ago pines for the chance to rip apart any woman who stands under Wren’s wing.
Wren doesn’t expect Ginger to stay by his side once she discovers his ability to drain life with a mere touch, yet she lingers. When an unusual talent of her own reveals the location of Wren’s father, Wren’s isolated world implodes. With the help of the demon protectors he’s sworn never to trust again, Wren risks everything to rescue his father, confront the demon who stalks his and Ginger’s every step, and claim his eternity with the most courageous woman he’s ever known.