Have you seen it? Have you bought it? It’s out… IT’S OUT!!!!
Once an assassin, always an assassin. So much for being plain old Gin Blanco. With every lowlife in Ashland gunning for me, I don’t need another problem, but a new one has come to town. Salina might seem like a sweet Southern belle, but she’s really a dangerous enemy whose water elemental magic can go head-to-head with my own Ice and Stone power. Salina also has an intimate history with my lover, Owen Grayson, and now that she’s back in town, she thinks he’s hers for the taking. Salina’s playing a mysterious game that involves a shady local casino owner with a surprising connection to Owen. But they call me the Spider for a reason. I’m going to untangle her deadly scheme, even if it leaves my love affair hanging by a thread.
Today we have the Elemental Asssassins series author, Jennifer Estep joining us for a spot along her blog tour for book 7, WIDOW’S WEB. She’s been dropping off excerpts and snippets at various spots along the tour, so if you want a sneak peak… be sure to check out some of the other blogs participating. You can also check out chapter one of WIDOW’S WEB on Jennifer’s site here.
For our part on the tour… Jennifer answered a few questions about writing, and about fun stuff in general. HUGE thanks to her for taking some time away from the crazy of release day (which was the 21st).
1) When you write, do you prefer quiet, or do you listen to music? If you like music playing, what is your preferred genre? Do certain characters have their own personal “soundtrack”?
JE: I prefer quiet when I write. I just find that I can concentrate better and get more done if it’s quiet in my office. I like music, but I never think I know enough about it to do soundtracks for my characters. I’ve done a few soundtracks for my books, but they always end up being lists of songs that I like more than anything else.
2) Where do you write? In an office, at the dining room table, at a local coffeeshop? Do you prefer to write alone or with a group? If you write with a group, do you also read/critique each other’s work?
JE: I write in my office. Boring, I know, but that’s what works for me. I prefer to write alone. However, I do have a local book group. We meet once a month and talk about what we’re working on, what we’re reading, and things like that. Sometimes, we critique each other’s work if someone wants some feedback on a project.
3) How do you prepare for release day? Are you calm and focused, or do you get stressed? Do you like to make promotional appearances or stay at home to watch lists and numbers?
JE: I usually do a guest blog or two on release day, and I’m definitely on the computer a lot that day, just seeing what folks are saying about the book and responding to e-mails and other comments. You always hope that folks enjoy the latest book as much as they have the other ones, especially if you’re writing a series, so I do stress about that a little bit. I also tend to check my online sales rankings. But overall, I’m just glad that the book is finally out there for folks to read and hopefully enjoy.
4) What was your favorite Halloween costume (or other costume party costume)?
JE: From what I remember, I dressed up in the same black witch’s hat and cape every year. But I was always more interested in the candy anyway. LOL.
5) If you could go anywhere on vacation (and not interfere with your deadlines), where would you go, and what 3 items (besides food and clothes) would you bring with you?
JE: I would go to Alaska. I would take sunscreen, bug spray, and my camera so I could take lots of pictures
6) What song best describes your life? If you can’t think of one, who would you want to write/perform a song just for you?
JE: I’m a big Jimmy Buffett fan, so I think it would be really cool if he wrote a fun, upbeat song for me.
JE: I think it would be fun to spend the day with Gin Blanco, the assassin the Spider from my Elemental Assassin urban fantasy series. We could hang out at the Pork Pit, her barbecue restaurant, and I could meet all of her friends and family.
8) What world record would you love to set for the Guinness Book of World Records? (Remember, they take ALL KINDS of interesting talents into account. Some world records include *fastest 100m sprint, barefoot, on ice = 17.35 secs… *fastest pumpkin carving of a face = 24.03 secs… *longest distance pogo stick jumping = 23.11 miles)
JE: I think it would be cool to set the world record for the most amount of words typed in one day or the book written in the shortest amount of time. Either one of those things would definitely help me out with my writing schedule and deadlines. LOL.
9) If you could have one word removed from the English language, from all dictionaries and out of everyone’s vocabulary, what would it be, and why? If you could ADD one word, what would it be?
JE: I would remove the word worry. I know I spend way too much time worrying about things, and I bet that other people do too. So I would remove it so maybe we could all maybe have a little less worry and stress in our lives. I would add the word perseverance. I think you can achieve anything that you set your mind to, as long as you keep working toward your goal.
10) What is one thing about you that your friends know and you would love your readers to know as well. Or… if you’re in a giving mood… what is one story that your friends LOVE to talk you into telling that you don’t generally volunteer?
JE: I have a weakness for junk food. Potato chips, french fries, strawberry cheesecake ice cream, cookies, brownies. I like them all.
Congratulations on all your successes, and good luck with all you have planned for the future!
JE: Thanks for hosting me on the blog. I appreciate it. Happy reading, everyone!
**SO… ladies and gents… there you have a little more info about the awesomeness that is Jennifer Estep. But that’s not all… Jennifer has offered to give one lucky commenter a copy of WIDOW’S WEB!!! So… if you’ve not made it over to your favorite bookstore yet… here’s a chance to save some gas. Comment below with your favorite junk food, and we’ll randomly pick a winner tomorrow night (Friday) at midnight pacific. (US only, this time.) Good luck!!! And don’t forget to check out all the other awesome blogs along the tour :-).