I Suck At Reading Challenges… Even My Own
I love reading challenges. I get all motivated to do something fun and different, and for a couple of months, I’m ALL ABOUT IT!! Then… I get distracted, I get overloaded, I get behind, and I just don’t follow through. It’s a sad, sad cycle that I want to break this year.
For those of you who hadn’t noticed… I’m hosting an “Out Of The Genre Box” Reading Challenge. (I host a different challenge every year, this is my 3rd. You can click the image, or the tab above, to get to the official “Reading Challenge” page.) I was really excited about this challenge when I put it together, and I still think it’s a fantastic idea. Therefore… I WILL COMPLETE MY CHALLENGE!!! I hope there are a few of you who will jump in and do this with me. It’s like an online, book version of gym buddies, lol!!
I’ve got the first couple of months done, but I need to write up and get the reviews posted in order for them to “count” as completed for the challenge. If you were one of the people who started this challenge back in January, I would love for you to continue and finish it with me. If you’re just finding out about this now… hop right in there!! The original rules for the challenge stated that you had to read one book each month, but at this point… it’s a READING CHALLENGE FREE-FOR-ALL!!! As long as you get each of the months covered, you’re good 🙂 There is a lot more information about which what kind of book you need to read each month, and the rules for our contest to win some awesome books and swaggie goodies!! Please post your review site information in the linky on the challenge page, and if you like, you can post a direct link to your reviews in the comments ON THE CHALLENGE PAGE (a little easier for the rest of us to check them out).
I hope to inspire a few of you to do this with me… and the prize is still up for grabs. I can hear the Rocky music playing now, lol!! Below is my updated list of what I have / plan to read. Bold are books that I have already read. I’ll update this list on the challenge page with links to reviews when they’re posted.
- January – Comedy: Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk – David Sedaris
- February – NON Paranormal Romance: The Unidentified Redhead – Alice Clayton
- March – Science: Death by Black Hole: And Other Cosmic Quandaries – Neil deGrasse Tyson
- April – Poetry: A Night Without Armor – Jewel Kilcher
- May – History: Letters of the Century: America 1900-1999 – Lisa Grunwald (editor)
- June – Self Help/Personal Growth: The Tao of Pooh (The Wisdom of Pooh) – Benjamin Hoff
- July – Kids Book: Nicholas St. North and the Battle of the Nightmare King – William Joyce
- August – Biography: J. R. R. Tolkien: The Making of a Legend – Colin Duriez
- September – M/M, F/F, or Menage Romance: Happy World – Kiernan Kelly & Tory Temple
- October – Fairy Tales / Mythology: A Cavalcade of Dragons – Roger Lancelyn Green
- November – Holiday: Kiss and Tell – Suzanne Brockmann
- December – Urban Fantasy/Paranormal Romance: ummmmm… not sure which one yet, lol
So… in the comments below, let me know what you think of reading challenges, in general. Do you participate in them? Do you FINISH them?? Are you gonna be on MY reading challenge gym team?? 🙂