10 Thing Thursday: 10 Things About BAD ROMEO by Leisa Rayven
Today’s FIRST EVER 10 Things Thursday is showcasing a book I’ve been waiting a very long time for. I don’t read many contemporary romances, but I this is one I’m making an exception for. I’m SO excited that debut author Leisa Rayven is here to share 10 things about BAD ROMEO!!
10 Things You Should Know About … Bad Romeo
by Leisa Rayven
1. The author is a classically trained actress who loved performing Shakespeare at drama school.
2. The lead characters, Cassie Taylor and Ethan Holt, were loosely based on a very young version of Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton.
3. If the book is ever made into a movie, the author is going to have it written into the contract that Stanley Tucci MUST play flamboyant Broadway director, Marco Fiori.
4. The drama school Ethan and Cassie attend is based on a real school in Australia.
6. Most of the plays featured in Bad Romeo are fictional and were written specifically for the book.
7. When writing the tortured Ethan Holt, the author had to listen to Breaking Your Own Heart by Kelly Clarkson on repeat, just to get into the right mindset.
8. Even though Ethan is an incredibly talented actor, he’s rejected by the prestigious drama school twice for being emotionally unavailable.
9. The vibrant exploding heart book cover was proposed to the publisher by the author, who wanted something iconic and dynamic for her debut novel.
10. The worldwide English version of the book will be released on December 23rd, and will be followed by foreign language releases in Italy, France, Germany, Brazil, Spain, and Israel.
Some other things you should know…
Those plays were bad. Very bad. Well, her friends thought they were good, but that’s because they were always cast in them and any opportunity to be on stage was met with an obnoxious amount of enthusiasm.
Since then, she’s honed her craft, and several of her plays have been produced and toured
These days, playwriting has given way to fiction writing, and since 2008, Leisa has been
consistently exploring new worlds and characters while developing her literary skills. Her debut novel, BAD ROMEO, will be available in a worldwide release through Macmillan Publishing in January 2015.
She lives in Australia with her husband, two little boys, three cats, and a kangaroo named Howard.
(Howard may or may not be her imaginary marsupial friend. Everyone should have one.)
Check out the first chapter of BAD ROMEO on Wattpad
Pre-Order BAD ROMEO