10 Things Thursday: 10 Things About Ripley Van Raden by Rose Pressey
Hello all! One of my newest reading joys is paranormal mystery. I like the lighthearted storylines and fun paranormal aspects. I’m in the process of reading the first book in Rose Pressey’s Halloween LaVeau Series, FOREVER CHARMED. Rose is stopping by today to share a bit about the main character of her new series, Ripley “Rip” Van Raden.
Thanks for inviting me to your blog today. I thought I’d share ten things about Ripley Van Raden. She’s the main character in my new Haunted Tour Guide mystery series.
THESE HAUNTS ARE MADE FOR WALKING
If ever a whole town could be haunted, Devil’s Moon, Kentucky would be that town. Ripley Van Raden, or Rip as her friends call her, has come back to her hometown to start her own ghost tour business. That’s not her only career path though. Librarian by day, and ghost tour guide by night, Rip is ready to take on the ghosts following her around and the mysterious residents who show up for more than the tour in the Devil’s Moon Cemetery.
Her first day on the job as librarian, Ripley finds a dead body and a ghost who can only communicate through electronics. Who knew ghosts could send text messages? To make things even more complicated, Ripley meets a hot cop who happens to also be a ghost hunter. She doesn’t know if Brannon Landon is interested in helping her or just around for the paranormal activity.
When Rip discovers threatening notes between the pages of a novel, she must solve the library patron’s mysterious death before she unwillingly joins the other side of her haunted tour.
Ten Things About Ripley:
1. Ripley likes spooky. That’s why she’s a guide for a haunted tour, but she can’t help watching Christmas movies year round, which are the exact opposite of spooky.
2. Ripley’s favorite book is Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. Coincidentally, the library where she works has a resident cat named Jane Austen.
3. Ripley likes to escape to the graveyard and read. It’s peaceful there.
4. Her favorite food is the grilled cheese from the diner in her hometown of Devil’s Moon.
5. Ripley is an 80s music fan.
6. Ripley still has a stuffed bunny that she got when she was seven. She puts it on her bed.
7. Ripley loves to collect paranormal books.
8. Ripley says she’ll never date again, but may change her mind since recently meeting a certain someone.
9. Ripley can’t cook well, but loves to bake.
10. Ripley has always had problems with electronics devices, but recently it has been worse than ever.
Buy THESE HAUNTS ARE MADE FOR WALKING
About the author:
Rose Pressey is a USA TODAY bestselling author. She enjoys writing quirky and fun novels with a paranormal twist. The paranormal has always captured her interest. The thought of finding answers to the unexplained fascinates her.
When she’s not writing about werewolves, vampires and every other supernatural creature, she loves eating cupcakes with sprinkles, reading, spending time with family, and listening to oldies from the fifties.